Sunday, October 19, 2008

Two Out of Three Is Good Enough For Me!!

I was unfortunate enough to have to experience the health care system here.  I had a suspected DVT in my leg.  My first trip was to a local medical centre where they did a Doppler Ultrasound and it confirmed that I had a DVT.  As they did not offer anti-coagulant treatment I was sent to the local public hospital - where my poor leg was prodded by seven different Dr's.  I was stabbed in the hand for the insertion of a cannula and they took bloods by letting the blood drip from the cannula - interesting!!!  The whole experience was just awful if Nick had not been with me I would have walked out - the sights I saw!!!!

They also performed another Doppler as they don't trust outside machines - this one came back negative, so this left me stressed to the max not knowing what exactly to do.  Then I was sent home after about 5hrs. And that was quick as my treatment was fast tracked due to Nick knowing people in the right places.

So I thought I best get a third opinion - just incase it was a DVT.  We opted for one of the private hospitals.


This is the private hospital!!!!! Man it looks as dodgy as hell from the outside - but we were pleasantly surprised when we went in  - it was actually quite nice and clean and very good service.  After more bloods (which won't be ready for one week) and another Doppler I have been cleared of a DVT - so thats is a relief to say the least.  So two negative tests are good enough for me ...... well I think so!!!!!  

While I was waiting for to see the Dr today I noticed this other  Dr walking around that looked familiar but I could not place him, and he kept giving me these really awful looks.  I soon figured out who he was.  I went to the pharmacy to get my prescription filled and there he was behind the counter - he was the pharmacist that I had yelled at two days prior.  So this time he would not serve me.  The other day as I was waiting to be served someone came up and stood next to me at the counter and he served this lady instead of me - so I walked away and turned and I yelled " I  refuse to be served by these rude people" and I just happened to direct it at him, so that explains the awful looks I was getting today.

So fingers crossed that I never have to experience using the health care system here.

No comments:

Post a Comment